Friday, September 24, 2010

I stepped on it.

I have been avoiding the scale this week, especially since the eating and calorie counting have been going so well. What if I step on it and it says I haven't lost anything? What if it says I weigh more? What if it says I have lost a little weight? Really, what is on the scale is just a number and doesn't mean a whole lot in contrast to a healthier body and a healthier lifestyle. But I stepped on it anyway. Wanna know what it said? 2 lbs less than it said Monday. It's just a number, and it shouldn't make me so giddy, but it does. Hooray for lost poundage!

2 comments:

Susan Beth said...

I didn't check in here for awhile - sorry. Gosh we are in so much the same place with weight - near highs, discouraged by not meeting goals in the past, but desparate to make progress.

Praying blessings on your efforts and the spiritual discipline necessary to be successful.

Susan Beth said...

i scare you away?