Monday, January 8, 2007

I am overweight.

I hate to admit that. I hate even more that it's true. If I can lose 7 lbs, I will be within the healthy weight zone. If I lose 12 lbs, it would be even better and I will be back to what I was before Eliana was born. According to these calculators at freedieting.com I have a BMI of 27. Healthy BMI ranges from 19-25.

Goal #1 - Drink 2 L water each day. I don't drink nearly enough water and I need to drink more to be healthy, avoid the munchies, and lose weight.

Goal #2 - Reduce my calorie intake / increase my calorie expenditure by 500 calories per day. If my daily calorie count is less 500 calories, I should lose about a pound a week. I should be able to burn 250-350 calories per day walking on the treadmill (30-45 min), and reduce my calories by 150-250.

I honestly don't know how many calories I eat each day. I need about 1550 calories to maintain my current weight if I don't do any exercise. I am fairly sedentary at this point in my life, so I'm guessing I need to eat 1200-1300 calories per day and walk on the treadmill for 30-45 min each day.

Today... I walked for 30 min. and burned 250 calories. For breakfast I had two packets of plain oatmeal, plus 2 T of brown sugar, 1.5 C skim milk and 2 T Nesquick. I also had a calcium chew and my vitamin. I had a morning snack of Yoplait yogurt with granola and some whipped cream (to help the long-frozen texture).

It will be eaiser to track everything when I get my database.

No comments: