Sunday, June 10, 2007

Fat Free, Sugar Free Vegan Banana Bread

Sounds gross, doesn't it? Well, just for fun I tried it. I
made muffins from it. I don't know that I would make muffins
with it again, as it forms a hard crust, but I would definitely
try to make it into a loaf of bread. I might try sugar next
time, too, or half sugar (mmmm... brown sugar?) and half Splenda.
I thought it had sort of a weird after taste from the Splenda,
but Leif said he couldn't taste it. Anyway....


Here is a banana bread receipe from "Fat Free, Full Flavor"

6 ripe bananas
1 cup Splenda (or sugar)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups (whole wheat) flour
1 tsp baking powder
.5 tsp baking soda

Mash the bananas, sugar/Splenda and vanilla together.
Sift the flour, baking powder and soda together.
Mix the liquid with the dry and pour into a loaf pan.
Put into a preheated oven @ 350 F for one hour.

No comments: