Once upon a time I joined Spark People. I love Spark People. I can use it to track my calories and my exercise and have some sort of accountability with people encouraging me along the way. When I am using it, it's great! Unfortunately, I get busy and then I don't even get on there for weeks or months. I just sort of disappear until I decide that I'm fat again and go back to tracking on Spark People.
I go through periods of high activity on Spark People, followed by valleys of absence. It's not a good pattern, but it's one that I follow and have followed since I first joined. It's sort of my pattern in life.
Well, during one of those periods of high activity, I was one of the more active members of the Montana Spark Team. It's a message board and I was on it a few times a week. Well... the team leader at the time decided to make me and another person team leaders, too, since we were the most active team members. I found this out after I had already been made a team leader, but it didn't particularly seem important at the time.
Ups and downs, ups and downs... fast forward to a busy fall and subsequent absence from Spark People followed by a desire to lose weight by the end of the year (which didn't happen, by the way). I returned to Spark People in November and signed into the Montana team only to discover that the other two team leaders were gone! So... I don't know how long the team went without a leader (since I was absent), but that left me as the sole leader for the team. Poor team.
Then, in December I got an email from Spark People saying that they are revamping the state teams and that our team (being the bigger of the two Montana teams, by just a few members) would be the official Montana State Spark Team and that all Spark People members who live in MT would now become a part of our Spark Team. The Spark Team that I am leader of!! New changes, lots of new team members....
Suddenly I'm thinking that I'm in WAAAAY over my head. And then I realized that if I work at being a good team leader, I will also feel like I have to be an example. And I will also have to get on Spark People a little more regularly. And perhaps that would be a good thing for me.
So, I'm not working on losing weight right at this moment. I think I need to step back and refocus first. Make a plan. Figure out how to stick to it. And perhaps make it a priority this time, as I think that's where I get fouled up.
Tuesday night at Mary Kay we're talking about goal setting and spending the time making goals for the new year and working out a plan to accomplish those goals. I've already done that for my Mary Kay business, but I need to do it for my personal life and weight loss, so maybe I'll use the time there to do that instead.
I keep saying I need to make a change, and the desire is there, but it boils down to time management. And I haven't really been managing my time at all. I just watch it slip away and at 1am I am kicking myself because I haven't exercised yet. So, make a plan. Make a plan. Make a plan. that's what I'm going to do.

1 comment:
Hum, I admit, sounds a bit overwhelming to me, but everything does right now. I encourage you to go for it and do what works best for you with Spark People. You have a lot to offer to others, and this may be a great vehicle to help that happen.
Post a Comment