Saturday, April 26, 2008

Some new favorites...

Tonight I discovered Skinny Cow. OH WOW. 2.3 points and worth every. single. bite. I saw them at Costco and decided to buy them today, after learning that my beloved fudge bars contain aspartame! So while the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are another point, they are also 140 calories (which I often need at the end of the day to get up over 1100), only 1.5 g. fat, and 3 g. fiber. And did I mention that they are delicious? SO GOOD.

Another new favorite of mine is the no-sugar-added Swiss Miss hot cocoa from Costco, with a tablespoon fiber powder mixed in. Really, that's two favorites - the hot cocoa, and the fiber powder I have been adding to my drinks (I mix it in with my water and Fulfill) in order to get enough fiber in my day. And by adding it to foods and drinks that don't normally contain fiber, it also lowers their point values a smidge! 1 T. fiber powder has 3 g. fiber, so that makes it reasonable. And I spread them throughout my day, to make the most use of the fiber for my body.

So there you have it. A few new favorites to add to my growing repertoire of indulgences that help me lose weight.

No comments: