Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Weight Watchers?

Just out of curiosity, I decided to check what I've been eating each day with a Weight Watcher point calculator. I don't know how you CAN eat on WW! I limit myself to under 1300 calories a day and try to stay between 25 and 30 grams of fat. That's only about 20% of my calories from fat.

So according to the WW points, a normal day for me is 27/28 points. A day in the 1100 calorie range is 25. How on EARTH are you supposed to stay under 24 points a day?? I haven't a clue how you do that. I know that Spark People says you shouldn't drop below 1200 calories, even for a small person with a small frame. If you drop below 1000 calories your body goes into starvation mode and starts storing the extra calories as fat.

So what's a girl to do?

1 comment:

Susan Beth said...

See my blog about how I think you need to take into account the fiber.