This is what's been running through my mind the last hour. I'm at 1235 calories for the day, and I really want to stay under 1300. So I've been telling myself that I'm not going to eat for an hour now.
But you know what? I AM going to eat. I am two fruits/veggies short for the day (unless I count the sauce on my pizza today, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't quite count...) so I am going to eat 200 grams of strawberries. It will curb this hungry feeling, bring me up to 5 on my fruits and veggies for the day, and is good for me. Plus, it will take my calories up to 1297, so I get to stay under 1300. Win - win.
Tomorrow I am spending the day in Billings with Erika and the girls and we are going to the circus. I've never been and it sounds like fun! We're going to hit Hobby Lobby and take the girls to a park to run around, then head to the circus in the late afternoon/evening. It should be a good day! But I am not bringing my food scale, and I am not counting calories. I will try not to go overboard, but I am going to relax and enjoy the day. And hopefully we'll get plenty of walking in.

2 comments:
Sounds like fun! Enjoy your day, and remember, moderation will go a long way! Is it challenging for you to be with someone who is not watching their calories? Do you have any plan? WW always advises a plan, and for me it helps, even if I don't stick to the plan 100%. Better to have the benefit of the plan in some part of the day then to go hog wild for the entire day. Just something that's been my experience.
I usually don't struggle too much when I'm with other people, whether they're watching calories or not. My bigger struggle is emotional eating when I'm home alone and no one is watching, LOL! I have learned a lot about moderation in the last year, and that has made a big difference. It is okay to go out to eat, and I don't have to eat it all. I can bring some home for later (or just eat half). Grilled is way better than fried. And Iceberg lettuce isn't nutritionally worth the salad dressing calories, LOL! So we'll see how I do. I know Erika is trying to watch what she's eating, too, and so is Karen (the friend we're meeting up with) so it should be okay overall.
Post a Comment